Monday, November 26, 2007

 

Panel Management

On the way to work this morning I was thinking about the term panel management. What does that actually mean? And then I thought about an interesting twist to that notion.

Personally I am fascinated by juicing more from people and myself - how we raise creativity, innovation and performance. And I don't really see that coming from kpi's and goals since that just sounds like the Management 1.0 talk down. Actually the most remarkable efforts in human society have come from passion, discovery and going out on a limb in the face of adversity. So we need to stop aggregating human effort and mobilise effort by enabling passion, enabling people to reach their personal goal within a framework. That is the only way to build performance. It's about amplifying human effort, about everyone having a say and being creative.

That to me is what management is about. Not panel management. But Interactive management. Funny - it also sounds like the community principle: community from panels, community to MANAGE the panels.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?