Thursday, November 16, 2006

 

The Wood and the Trees

There are so many books out there. You just cannot and do not want to read them all. Some are great, some are useful, some are unoriginal and some......

I always believe that you need frameworks and ways of thinking to help you navigate business (and life). Here are two that I recommend as seminal works:

- Phil Carpenter, eBRANDS, Building an internet business at breakneck speed, Harvard Business School Press. Whilst some of the concepts of this book (written in 2000) do need post-modernising and revisiting, its core tenets are still a powerful framework to conceptualise our business and provide direction

- Michael Gerber, The E-Myth Manager. I have never read a book that was so simple and yet so powerful in direction. Easy to use frameworks give you pro-action, empowerment and entrepeneurial ways of thinking.


I have got a great deal out of both of these texts over the years and they represent 'go to' concepts when in times of need. I don't waste your time on other stuff. If I do, you won't come back to the Blog.

Jon Briggs

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?