Thursday, November 09, 2006

 

MyPaNeL

Every e-business offers an element of customisation and personalisation nowadays. Geez this is not a new thing - Peppers & Rogers were writing about this in 1999 before I even got to Australia! Yes I still remember the seminal One-2-One Handbook. This was long before mySpace and all of that wizz stuff....

However is the panel concept really personalised? I mean of course panelists have individual accounts! Oh please, is that personalisation? You have that with the local utility company. I am talking about real personalisation:

- I can design my own portal, look and feel and content
- I can receive survey results that are global in nature so that I can learn as a citizen and be stimulated
- I can donate to charities of my choice and even do some work for them so that I give back
- I can ask my own surveys of the panel in some controlled way. I have always wanted to know how many people also think like me etc etc..

..Personalisation creates relevance and anticipation (I stole that from Seth Godin). Those three in combination create engagement.

Let's do it...

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?