Saturday, November 04, 2006

 

It is Coming.....

In an earlier entry in this Blog series I indulged a little and let you know that my ambition was to conduct a General Election by truly electronic means. Why do we have paper?

Well in the Newspaper this morning I read that the US mid term elections are using automated booths in some States - not to make it easier or more convenient for the voter though - as a way to have greater reassurance on the final vote count.

I read that there are security concerns with this and that the lack of a paper trail is seen as an issue..

I wonder how we will look at this in 15 years time? Will we laugh? Will we believe that we have saved many Forests?

However it will be viewed it made me smile....

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?