Monday, October 30, 2006

 

X and Y

I have been reading the excellent book by Lisa Johnson recently entitled 'Mind Your X's and Y's.' You can review it as an ebook at www.simonsays.com

Read the book, it can provide a summary better than I ever could. However it does make some very interesting points about the cravings of Generations X and Y. My thinking is this - what can we utilise in this framework to make our panels more relevant to these generations - and yes, more engaging?

The cravings read like a real challenge:
- Shine the Spotlight on the user and make them the centre of the world, allow them to dream
- Raise my Pulse - provide me a sense of some adventure in my experience
- Allow me to make connections
- Give me some design candy. It is not just function it is form and design

These are just four of the challenges. Buy the book to see the others....

What can we do to take advantage of this framework?

Comments:
Got some interesting stuff I didn't know... cool... my silly site... :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?